Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Food truck, deli, pizza parlor, pub – eat your way through a world of food; take a sunset stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge for romantic views of amber skies; and take in a spectacular show on Broadway – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s New York City:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Lower Manhattan & the Financial District, SoHo & Chinatown, East Village & Lower East Side, West Village, Chelsea & the Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District & Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side & Central Park, Harlem & Upper Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens.
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s New York City is our most comprehensive guide to the city, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket New York City, our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a shorter trip.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
‘Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.