Prepare yourself for the next generation networking skills and acquire the knowledge needed to secure the routers.
- Build foundational Cisco networking skills and prepare yourself for next-generation network transformation
- Take practice questions and mock tests to check how prepared you are for the CCNA exam
- Gain a strong understanding of network communication with the help of practical examples
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching is one of the most important qualifications for keeping your networking skills up to date. CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 Certification Guide covers topics included in the latest CCNA exam, along with review and practice questions. This guide introduces you to the structure of IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and examines in detail the creation of IP networks and sub-networks and how to assign addresses in the network.
You will then move on to understanding how to configure, verify, and troubleshoot layer 2 and layer 3 protocols.
In addition to this, you will discover the functionality, configuration, and troubleshooting of DHCPv4. Combined with router and router simulation practice, this certification guide will help you cover everything you need to know in order to pass the CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 exam.
By the end of this book, you will explore security best practices, as well as get familiar with the protocols that a network administrator can use to monitor the network.
What you will learn
- Gain an in-depth understanding of networking using routers and switches
- Understand layer 2 technology and its various configurations and connections
- Configure default, static, and dynamic routing
- Design and implement subnetted IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes
- Troubleshoot issues and keep your network secure
- Study the importance of VLANs for security and optimizing the bandwidth
Who this book is for
This book is for you if you are a network administrator, network technician, or anyone who wants to prepare for CCNA Routing and Switching certification. Basic understanding of networking will help you get the best out of this guide, although sufficient information is provided to those new in this field.
Table of Contents
- Internetworking Models
- Ethernet Networking and Data Encapsulations
- Introducing the TCP/IP
- Subnetting in IPv4
- Variable Length Subnetmask and Route Summarization
- The IOS User Interface
- Managing the Cisco Internetwork
- Managing Cisco Devices
- IP Routing Process
- The IPv6 Protocol
- Introduction to IPv6 Routing
- Switching Services and Configurations
- VLANs and Inter-VLAN Routing
- Introduction to EIGRP Routing Protocol
- The World of Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Access Control List
- Network Address Translation
- Wide Area Networks
- Advanced Networking Topics
- Mock Test Questions